Mission Statement and Vision StatementUpdatedTuesday February 9, 2021 byBelton Youth Football League.
The mission of Belton Youth Football League (BYFL) is to enable young people to benefit from participation in team sports and activities in a safe and structured environment. Through this active participation, BYFL teaches fundamental values, skills and knowledge that young people will use throughout their lives. We will encourage mental and physical growth through trained instruction and keen competition. An emphasis will be placed on Self Discipline, Moral Values, Academic Achievement, and Social Skills.
BYFL seeks to provide fun athletic learning opportunities for children, while emphasizing the importance of academic success. Specifically, BYFL seeks to familiarize players with the fundamentals of football as related to the Belton Independent School District football program. BYFL strives to inspire youth, regardless of race, creed or national origin, to practice the ideals of sportsmanship, scholarship and physical fitness.
· To encourage and increase youth participation in football.
· To ensure a safe and positive playing environment for all participants.
· To instill life-long values of teamwork, dedication and a superior work ethic in the classroom and on the playing field.
· Everyone participates under mandatory rules of play.
· On-field coaching is allowed for younger age levels.
· Will allow the participants to learn the Belton Tiger Football Program.
Safe Playing Environment
· Players are matched by age and weight levels.
· There are strict mandatory equipment requirements.
· BYFL provides Coaching Clinics.
· An enforced national rule book incorporates time-tested rules.
· A full-time executive staff supports all local associations and assists in sound policy creation.
By providing a safe and fun environment, we will build a youth athletic football program that will: Shape character and create roles models, positively impact athletes, coaches, volunteers, and the community. We will develop and demonstrate the highest level of character, discipline, and leadership required to succeed on both sports and life.